Sprouts with Bacon and Chestnuts is a bit of a Christmas classic. But we have no Chestnuts and it’s not Christmas yet. But we do have lots of foraged Hazelnuts. So….
Hazelnuts – Roasted and chopped
Red Onion, sliced
Whole Grain Mustard
Salt and Pepper
(1) Roast the Hazelnuts on a tray at 180C for 10 minutes. This also cracks the shells and makes them much easier to remove. Set aside.
(2) Gently fry half of the Onion in a little Olive Oil with the Mustard.
(3) Half the Sprouts and added uncooked Onion.
(4) Mix the Nuts, Sprouts Onion etc. and then place on a tray and place in the oven alongside your roast.
(5) When ready to serve drizzle with the Lemon Juice and stir well.
You could use this for a Vegetarian or Vegan side dish.