When we were at The Inn on The Green one of the best sellers on the weekday menu was Sue’s Chicken Skillet Pasta. This Pasta Bake is pretty similar ingredients wise, but baked.
2 Chicken Breasts, sliced into 1cm strips
¼ of a head of Broccoli, cut into florets
3 Spring Onions, sliced
Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
Soft Cheese with herbs
Pasta ( Gluten free in our case )
2 cloves of Garlic, grated ( We used our Lacto-Fermented version )
½ a large Onion, sliced
Oil and Margarine
(1) Gentle Blanch the Broccoli and drain.
(2) Boil the Pasta until it has a little bite and drain.
(3) Fried the Onions and Garlic in the Oil and Margarine.
(4) Add the Chicken and cook through.
(5) Add the Milk as the foundation of your sauce.
(6) Add mixed herbs and Pepper to season.
(7) Stir in sufficient of the Soft Cheese to thicken your sauce.
(8) Add the Broccoli and stir in.
(9) Transfer to an oven proof casserole.
(10) Sprinkle with the Spring Onions and grated Cheese.
(11) Bake at 180c for 20 minutes or so until the Cheese has melted and slightly browned.
For a cost of maybe £3 or so there was enough here to comfortably feed four people.