We’re great advocates for making everything we possible can from scratch. But Pizza bases have been out of reach since Lock-Down and we couldn’t get fold of Gluten free Bread Flour. Yesterday I made my usual discount isle forage in the local supermarket and the cleaning team had some of the fittings out to clean behind. Hanging off the back of the fitting was a 1kg bag of gold! I skipped home like a child who had found a £20 note. So armed with ½ a roast Chicken from the previous evening and a pack of Chorizo sliced Sue and I set about Pizza and Garlic Bread.
The full recipe from Phil Vickery’s “ Essential Gluten Free “ is below:-
250g Gluten free Bread Flour
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
7g Fast action Yeast (We got a 250g pack from the local Polish Deli a while ago)
200ml warm Water
1 tsp Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Oil plus extra for brushing
(1) Line a round baking tray with parchment.
(2) In a bowl mix the Flour, Salt, Sugar and Yeast.
(3) Add the warm Water, Vinegar and Oil.
(4) Whisk well for 3 minutes to form a smooth and elastic dough.
(5) Turn out onto your lined baking tray and using the back of a spoon spread. Push a little extra Dough towards the edges to form a raised circle.
(6) Brush the outer edge with Oil. This will for your crust.
(7) Set aside for 15 minutes while the oven comes up to 200c.
(8) Bake for 15 minutes until it is cooked but still pale.
(9) Allow to cool.
(10) Spread with Sauce, Toppings of your choice and grated Mozzarella.
(11) Place back in the oven and bake until the toppings are fully heated and the Cheese has melted.
The toppings are entirely up to you. Provided you don’t add Pineapple rings!!!!